Restore Your Figure with a Mommy Makeover
Aug 6, 2016 @ 09:00 AM — by Dina Eliopoulos
Although motherhood is a rewarding experience, it can leave many women missing their pre-baby bodies. Even after losing all the baby weight, many women find they are unable to restore their flat tummy and toned physique and may decide to consider their surgical options. Tummy tuck surgery can help mothers of every age achieve a flat, sculpted abdomen, and regain their confidence. Tummy tuck surgery can also be combined with other treatments for a total mommy makeover. Dr. Dina Eliopoulos creates personalized treatment plans for mommy makeover candidates at her Chelmsford, MA practice. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Eliopoulos today to find out if you're a candidate.
What Is a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover is a combination of surgical treatments, non-surgical treatments, or both, designed to address the body issues many women face after pregnancy. Each mommy makeover is tailored to meet each woman's unique needs and body goals.
Popular Mommy Makeover Treatments
Pregnancy affects each woman's body differently. While some are lucky enough to bounce back to their pre-baby figures, many find they need a little extra help to tighten abdominal muscles, lose stubborn pockets of fat, and regain a firm, youthful bust line. Fortunately, there are a variety of treatments available to create the ideal mommy makeover plan for each woman's needs. Some of the most popular treatments include:
- Tummy tuck surgery: Tummy tuck surgery is one of the most popular mommy makeover treatments. Tummy tuck surgery targets the loose, hanging abdominal tissue that affects many women after childbirth.
- Liposuction: Liposuction is a time-tested treatment that can eliminate stubborn areas of fat from areas such as the abdomen, thighs, arms, and back. During liposuction treatment, fat cells are surgically removed to reveal a more sculpted, contoured appearance.
- Breast lift surgery: Pregnancy and breastfeeding often leave the breasts deflated and saggy. Breast lift surgery is effective at restoring the bust line's youthful shape and perkiness.
- Breast augmentation: Women who wish to restore volume to their breasts often benefit from breast augmentation. Breast augmentation can be used to restore the fullness of the breasts after pregnancy or increase cup size. Breast augmentation is commonly combined with breast lift surgery to restore breast fullness.
- Non-surgical treatments: There are a variety of non-surgical treatments to improve the skin's firmness, texture, and even eliminate fat. Coolsculpting® is a popular non-surgical alternative to liposuction that uses a special cooling system to freeze fat cells and naturally eliminate them from the body.
Candidates for Mommy Makeovers
Because each mommy makeover is customized to each patient's unique needs, many women are candidates for mommy makeover treatments. In general, candidates for mommy makeovers should:
- Be in good general health and able to tolerate surgery
- Be fairly certain they are done having children
- Be unhappy with their post-baby body
- Have sagging, drooping breasts
- Have loose abdominal skin
- Have fatty trouble spots
- Not have had a child within the last six months
- No longer breastfeed if undergoing breast surgery
- Ceased breastfeeding for at least four months if undergoing breast surgery
- Be close to her ideal weight
Find Out if You're a Candidate
For more information about mommy makeover treatments and to find out if you're a candidate, we welcome you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Eliopoulos.